불교영어

2018 년 국제포교사회 자타카 암송대회 영문 자료 및 녹음 파일 7-사슴 왕 반얀

페이지 정보

작성자최고관리자 작성일18-01-08 11:20 조회2,777회 댓글0건

첨부파일

본문

2018년 1월 6일, 국제포교사회 주관으로  자타카 암송대회를 했던 초등학교 5~중학교 3학년용 대본 및 녹음 파일 입니다. 법회에 이용해 보시길 바라는 마음에 올립니다.

King Banyan Deer

사슴 왕 반얀

Once upon a time, there lived a king in Benares who was so fond of eating venison. So, he regularly hunted and killed deer. Every time the King went hunting, the villagers had to stop even plowing or harvesting just to serve the king's hunting. So the villagers built a large deer park for the King to hunt by himself without interfering with them.

While hunting in his deer park, the King's eye was caught by two magnificent golden deer with large fully grown antlers, named Banyan and Branch, who led their own herds. Admiring their unusual beauty, the King granted immunity to these two deer. No one could harm or kill them.

Whenever the King hunted in the deer park, the deer ran around wildly for their lives, some being injured and wounded, many suffering great pain. So, the two herds decided to choose a victim alternately by lot each day. Then the chosen victim was to meekly surrender himself and lay his neck on the chopping block.

One day, the turn fell to a pregnant doe in Branch Deer's herd. Caring for others as well as herself and the unborn one, she went to Branch Deer. "My lord, I am pregnant. Grant that I may live until I have delivered my fawn. Then we will fill two turns rather than just one. This will save a turn, and thereby a single life for one long day." But the doe was rejected so she went to King Banyan Deer and explained her plight. He replied gently. "Go in peace. I will change the rules in midstream and put your turn upon another."

And the deer king went to the executioner's block, and laid down his own golden neck upon it. A silence fell in the deer park. And some who tell this story even say, that silence also fell in other worlds not seen from here.

When the royal cook saw this, he went and told the King of Benares. The King was surprised, and said to the golden deer still laying his neck on the block. King Banyan Deer replied, "Oh, king of men, this time a pregnant does was to be the one to die. She pleaded for me to spare her, for the sake of others as well as her unborn baby and herself. I could not help but feel myself in her place, and feel her suffering. I could not help but weep, to think the little one would never see the dawn, would never taste the dew. So mighty king, I offer my life for the sake of the doe and her unborn fawn. Be assure there is no other reason."

The King Benares was overwhelmed and a tear rolled down his cheek. "Oh great lord, the golden king of deer, even among human beings, I have not seen any such as you! Such great compassion, to share in the suffering of others! Such great generosity, to give your life for others! Such great kindness and tender love for all your fellow deer!" As King Banyan Deer wanted, the King of Benares granted immunity from hunting and killing to all the animals in his land.

댓글
주제와 무관한 댓글, 악플은 삭제될 수 있습니다.

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.