불교영어

2019년 국제포교사회 자타카 암송대회 영문 자료 및 녹음 파일 2-대나무의 아빠

페이지 정보

작성자최고관리자 작성일18-12-07 17:26 조회2,679회 댓글0건

첨부파일

본문

2019년 1월, 국제포교사회 주관으로 있을 자타카 암송대회 초등학교 1~4학년용 대본 및 녹음 파일 입니다. 법회에 이용해 보시길 바라는 마음에 올립니다.

Wasted Advice

(듣지 않은(버려진) 충고)

Bamboo's Father

대나무의 아빠

Once upon a time, there was a teacher who meditated much and developed his mind. Gradually his fame spread. Those who wished to be guided by a wise man came to hear him. Considering what he said to be wise indeed, 500 decided to become his followers.

옛날에, 명상수행을 많이 하고 마음을 잘 닦은 스승이 한 분 있었습니다. 점점, 그의 명성이 널리 퍼져 현자에게 지도받기를 원하는 사람들이 그의 가르침을 들으러 왔습니다. 그의 말을 정말로 지혜롭다고 여기는 500명의 사람들이 그의 제자가 되기로 결심했지요.

One of these 500, who considered his teachings to be wise, was a certain pet lover. In fact, he loved pets so much that there was no animal he did not wish to keep as a pet.

500명의 제자 중에 한 명은 특히 스승의 가르침을 현명하다고 생각했는데, 그는 동물을 아주 좋아하는 사람이었습니다. 사실 동물을 몹시 좋아해서 기르고 싶어 하지 않는 동물이 하나도 없을 정도였지요.

One day he came upon a cute little poisonous snake, who was searching for food. He decided he would make an excellent pet. So he made a little bamboo cage to keep him in when he had to leave him alone. The other followers called the little snake, 'Bamboo'. Because he was so fond of his pet, they called the pet lover, 'Bamboo's Father.'

어느 날, 그는 먹이를 찾고 있던 작고 귀여운 독뱀을 만나게 되었습니다. 그는 그 뱀을 훌륭한 애완동물로 만들기로 하였지요. 그래서 뱀을 혼자 둘 때, 가두어 둘 작은 대나무 우리를 만들었습니다. 다른 제자들은 그 작은 뱀을 대나무라고 불렀어요. 그가 그 애완뱀을 매우 좋아했기 때문에, 다른 사람들은 그를 대나무의 아빠라고 불렀습니다.

Before long, the teacher heard that one of his followers was keeping a poisonous snake as a pet. He called him and asked if this was true.

오래지 않아, 스승은 그의 제자 중 한 사람이 독뱀을 애완동물로 기르고 있다는 소문을 듣게 되었습니다. 스승은 그를 불러 그것이 사실인지 물었지요.

Bamboo's father said, "Yes master, I love him like my own child!" The wise teacher said, "It is not safe to live with a poisonous snake. Therefore, I advise you to let him go, for your own good."

대나무의 아빠는 말했어요, “, 사실입니다. 마치 내 친자식같이 사랑하고 있습니다.” 지혜로운 스승은, “독뱀과 함께 사는 것은 안전하지 않단다. 그러니 너의 안전을 위해 그 뱀을 놓아 주려무나.” 라고 충고해 주었습니다.

But Bamboo's father thought he knew better. He replied, "This little one is my son. He wouldn't bite me. I can't give him up and live all alone!" The teacher warned him, "Then surely, this little one will be the death of you!" But the follower did not heed his master's warning.

그러나 대나무의 아빠는 스승보다 그가 더 잘 안다고 생각했습니다. 그는 대답했어요, “ 이 작은 녀석은 내 아들이나 마찬가지입니다. 절대로 나를 물지 않을 겁니다. 전 이 녀석을 포기할 수 없고, 혼자 살 수 없습니다!” 스승은 그에게 경고했어요. “그렇다면 확실히 이 작은 뱀 때문에 네가 죽겠구나!” 그러나 제자는 스승의 경고에 주의를 기울이지 않았습니다.

Later on, all 500 of the teacher's followers went on a trip to collect fresh fruits. Bamboo's father left his 'son' locked up in the bamboo cage.

얼마쯤 지나, 스승의 500명 모든 제자들이 신선한 과일을 모으기 위해 여행을 떠나게 되었습니다. 대나무의 아빠는 대나무 우리에 그의 아들‘(독뱀)을 가두어 두었지요.

Since there were many fruits to collect, it was several days before they returned. Bamboo's father realized that poor Bamboo had not eaten the whole time he was away. So he opened the cage to let him out to find food. But when he reached inside, his 'son' bit his hand.

모아야 할 과일이 많았기 때문에, 돌아오기까지는 며칠이 걸렸습니다. 대나무의 아빠는 그가 나가 있는 내내 그 불쌍한 뱀이 아무것도 먹지 못했다는 것을 알았어요. 그래서 그는 뱀이 먹이를 찾아 나오게 하려고 우리를 열었습니다. 그러나 그가 우리 안으로 손을 뻗치자마자, 그의 '아들'은 그의 손을 물었습니다.

Having been neglected for all that time, Bamboo was angry as well as hungry. Since he was only a snake, he didn't know anything about poison! But his 'father' should have known better. After all, he had been warned by the very teacher he himself considered wise.

그가 나가 있던 내내 보살핌을 받지 못했기 때문에, 대나무는 배가 고플 뿐 아니라 화도 났습니다. 그는 단지 뱀이었기 때문에, 독에 대해서는 아무것도 몰랐지요. 그러나 그의 아버지는 좀 더 잘 알고 있었어야만 했습니다. 결국, 현명하다고 생각했던 바로 그 스승에게 그는 (얼마 전에 )충고를 들었었지요.

Within minutes of being bitten, Bamboo's father dropped dead!

물리고 나서 몇 분 안에, 대나무의 아빠는 죽고 말았습니다.

댓글
주제와 무관한 댓글, 악플은 삭제될 수 있습니다.

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.