불교영어

2019년 국제포교사회 자타카 암송대회 영문 자료 및 녹음 파일 6-어리석은 늑대

페이지 정보

작성자최고관리자 작성일18-12-17 14:37 조회2,654회 댓글0건

본문

2019년 1월, 국제포교사회 주관으로  자타카 암송대회를 할 초등학교 5~중학교 3학년용 대본 및 녹음 파일 입니다. 법회에 이용해 보시길 바라는 마음에 올립니다.

Silliness

(어리석음)

THE Foolhardy Wolf

어리석은 늑대

Once upon a time, a lion bounded forth from his lair one day, looking north, west, south, and east. He saw a buffalo and went to kill him. The lion ate all of the buffalo-meat he wanted, and then went down to the lake for a drink.

옛날 옛적에, 어느 날 사자 한마리가 동서남북을 둘러보면서 그의 은신처에서 뛰어나왔습니다. 그는 버팔로를 보자 달려가서 죽였습니다. 사자는 버팔로 고기를 원하는 만큼 먹고 , 물을 먹으러 호숫가로 갔습니다.

As the lion turned to go toward his den for a nap, he came upon a hungry wolf. The wolf had no chance to get away, so he threw himself at the lion's feet. "What do you want?" the lion asked.

사자가 낮잠을 자기위해서 굴 쪽으로 향하였을 때, 배고픈 늑대 한 마리를 만났습니다. 늑대는 도망을 갈 기회를 놓쳤기 때문에 사자의 발밑에 엎드렸습니다. “넌 무엇을 원하나?”라고 사자가 물었습니다.

"Oh Lion, let me be your servant," said the wolf. "Very well," said the lion, "serve me, and you shall have good food to eat." Saying so, the lion went into his den for his nap.

늑대가 사자시여! 저를 당신의 하인으로 삼아주십시오!” ”저를 거두어주시면 좋은 음식을 얻을 것입니다. “ 라고 말하자, 사자는 좋다라며 낮잠을 자러 사자 굴로 돌아갔습니다.

When he woke up, the lion said to the wolf, "Each day you must go to the mountain top, and see whether there are any elephants, or ponies, or buffaloes about. If you see any, come to me and say, 'Great Lion, come forth in thy might. Food is in sight.' Then I will kill and eat, and give part of the meat to you."

사자가 일어나서 늑대에게 말했습니다. ”매일 너는 산꼭대기에 올라가야한다, 그리고 거기에 코끼리, 조랑말, 버팔로가 있는 지 보거라. 만약 어느 동물이라도 보이면 나에게 와서 말해라 위대한 사자이시여, 힘을 내십시오. 음식이 눈앞에 있어요. ‘ 그러면 내가 사냥을 해서 먹고, 남은 부분은 너에게 주마

So day after day, the wolf climbed to the mountain top, and seeing a pony, or a buffalo, or an elephant, he went back to the den, and falling at the lion's feet he said, "Great Lion, come forth in thy might. Food is in sight." Then the lion would bound forth and kill whichever beast it was, sharing the meat with the wolf.

그래서 날마다 늑대는 산꼭대기에 올라가서 말, 버팔로, 코끼리를 보면 사자의 굴로 돌아와 사자 발밑에 엎드려 위대한 사자이시여, 힘을 내십시오. 사냥감이 눈앞에 있어요.“ 라고 말했습니다. 그러면 사자는 뛰어나와 그 동물이 무엇이든지 잡아 죽이고, 늑대에게 고기를 조금 나누어주었습니다.

Now this wolf had never had such fine meat to eat, nor so much. So as time went on, the wolf grew bigger and bigger, and stronger and stronger, until he was really proud of his great size and strength.

"See how big and strong I am," he said to himself. "Why am I living day after day on food given me by another? I will kill for my own eating. I'll kill an elephant for myself."

이제 더 이상 이 늑대는 신선한 고기도 먹지 못했고, 많이 먹지도 못했습니다. 시간이 흘러 늑대는 몸집이 점점 커지고 힘도 세어지자, 큰 덩치와 힘을 자랑스럽게 생각했습니다.

내가 얼마나 크고 힘이 센가 보라고! “ ”왜 나는 남이 주는 고기를 매일 먹어야하지? 나도 사냥을 할 수 있는데. 나도 이제 스스로 코끼리를 죽일 거야라고 마음속으로 생각했습니다.

So the wolf went to the lion, and said, "I want to eat an elephant of my own killing. Will you let me lie in your corner in the den, while you climb the mountain to look out for an elephant? Then when you see one, you come to the den and say, 'Great Wolf, come forth in thy might. Food is in sight.' Then I will kill the elephant." The lion said, "Wolf, only lions can kill elephants. The world has never seen a wolf that could kill an elephant. Give up this notion of yours, and eat what I kill."

그래서 늑대가 사자에게 가서 말했습니다. ” 나도 내가 사냥해서 코끼리를 먹고 싶다. 네가 산꼭대기에서 코끼리를 살필 때, 너의 자리에 나를 누어있게 해줄래? 그리고 코끼리를 보면 이 굴에 와서 말해라. ‘ 위대한 늑대여! 힘을 내세요. 음식이 눈앞에 있어요. “ 그때 내가 코끼리를 죽일 거다.

사자는 늑대야, 오직 사자만이 코끼리를 죽일 수 있다. 이 세상에 코끼리를 죽이는 늑대를 본 적이 없다. 너의 생각을 포기해라. 그리고 내가 죽인 것을 먹도록 해.”라고 말했습니다.

But no matter what the lion said, the wolf would not give way. So at last the lion said, "Well, have your own way. Lie down in the den, and I will climb to the top of the mountain."

그러나 사자가 어떤 말을 해도 늑대는 굽히지 않았습니다. 마침내 사자가 말하길 너 뜻대로 해라. 네가 이 굴에 누워있고 내가 산꼭대기로 가겠다.”

When he saw an elephant the lion went back to the mouth of the cave, and said, "Great Wolf, come forth in thy might. Food is in sight."

Then from the den, the wolf nimbly bounded forth, ran to where the elephant was and howling three times, he sprang at the elephant.

사자가 코끼리를 발견했을 때 동굴입구로 가서 말했습니다, “ 위대한 늑대여! 힘을 내세요! 음식이 눈앞에 있어요. ”그때 늑대가 굴에서 재빠르게 뛰쳐나와서 코끼리가 있는 곳으로 달려가며 3번이나 소리를 질렀습니다. 그리고 코끼리에게 달려들었습니다.

But the wolf missed his aim, and fell down at the elephant's feet. The elephant raised his right foot and killed the wolf.

Seeing all this, the lion said, "You will no more come forth in your might, you foolhardy Wolf.“

그러나 늑대는 목표물을 놓치고 코끼리의 발밑에 떨어졌습니다. 코끼리는 오른 발을 들여 올려서 늑대를 죽였습니다.

이것을 보고 사자가 너의 힘을 더 이상 쓸 수가 없구나, 이 어리석은 늑대야! “ 라고 말했습니다.

댓글
주제와 무관한 댓글, 악플은 삭제될 수 있습니다.

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.