불교영어

2019년 국제포교사회 자타카 암송대회 영문 자료 및 녹음 파일 7-어머니 없는 아들

페이지 정보

작성자최고관리자 작성일18-12-17 14:39 조회2,661회 댓글0건

본문

2019년 1월, 국제포교사회 주관으로  자타카 암송대회를 할 초등학교 5~중학교 3학년용 대본 및 녹음 파일 입니다. 법회에 이용해 보시길 바라는 마음에 올립니다.

Betrayal 

(배신)

A Motherless Son

어머니 없는 아들

Once upon a time, King Brahmadatta was ruling in Benares in northern India. He had the minister who pleased him very much. To show his appreciation he appointed the minister headman of a remote border village. His duty was to represent the king and collect the king's taxes from the villagers

옛날 옛적에 브라흐마닷타왕이 북인도 베나레스를 다스리고 있었습니다.

그에게는 그를 매우 기쁘게 하는 신하가 한명 있었습니다. 감사를 표하여 그를 먼 국경지방의 수령으로 임명했습니다. 그의 일은 왕을 대신해서 마을사람들이 왕에게 내는 세금을 거두는 것이었습니다.

Before long the headman was completely accepted by the villagers. Since he had been sent by the just King Brahmadatta, they respected him highly.

얼마 지나지 않아 수령은 마을사람들에게 인정받았습니다. 브라흐마닷타 왕이 그를 보냈기 때문에 마을사람들은 그를 아주 존경하였습니다.

In addition to being clever, the headman was also very greedy. Collecting the king's taxes was not enough reward for him. After becoming friendly with a gang of bandits, he thought up a plan to make himself rich.

수령은 영리하기도 했지만 아주 욕심도 많았습니다. 왕의 세금을 거두는 것이 그에게는 충분한 보상이 되지 않았습니다. 그는 강도들과 친하게 지낸 후 그 자신을 부자로 만들기 위한 계획을 생각해 냈습니다.

The headman said to his friends, the robbers, "I will find excuses and reasons to lead all the villagers into the jungle. This will be easy for me, since they trust me as one of their own. I will keep them busy in the jungle while you invade the village and rob everything of value. Carry everything away before I bring the people home. In return for my help, you must give me half of all the loot!" The bandits agreed, and a date was set.

수령은 친구인 도둑들에게 나는 이유와 구실을 만들어 마을사람들을 정글로 보낼 거야. 그 사람들이 나를 자기들의 일원으로 여기니까 그렇게 하는 것은 나에게는 매우 쉬운 일이야. 내가 그들을 정글에서 바쁘게 만들 테니 너희들은 마을로 들어와서 귀중한 것 모두를 훔쳐라. 내가 사람들을 집으로 데려오기 전에 전부 다 가져가라. (그리고) 내가 도와준 대가로 너희들은 나에게 훔친 물건의 반을 줘야한다. “ 도둑들은 (이에) 동의하고 날짜를 정했습니다.

When the day arrived, the headman assembled all the villagers and let them into the jungle. According to the plan, the bandits entered the unprotected village. They stole everything of value they could find. They also killed all the defenseless village cows, and cooked and ate the meat. At the end of the day the gang collected all their stolen goods and escaped.

그날이 되자 수령은 마을사람들을 모아서 정글로 데리고 갔습니다. 계획한 대로 강도들은 무방비상태가 된 마을로 들어갔습니다. 그들은 보이는 귀중한 것들을 전부 훔쳤습니다. 무방비가 된 마을의 암소들을 모두 죽여 요리를 해서 먹었습니다. 그날의 끝 무렵(저녁때쯤) 도둑들은 훔친 물건을 모두 들고 도망쳤습니다.

It just so happened that on that very same day a traveling merchant came to the village to trade his goods. When he saw the bandits, he stayed out of sight.

한 여행을 하던 상인이 물건을 팔기 위해 그 마을로 들어온 건 바로 그날이었습니다. 그는 강도들을 보자, 보이지 않는 곳에 숨어버렸습니다

The headman brought all the villagers home in the evening. He ordered them to make a lot of noise by beating drums as they marched toward the village.

수령은 그 날 저녁에 마을사람들을 데리고 집으로 왔습니다. 그는 마을사람들에게 마치 마을로 행진하는 것처럼 북을 치면서 큰소리를 내라고 명령했습니다.

The village people saw that they had been robbed and all their cows were dead and partly eaten. This made them very sad. The traveling merchant appeared and said to them, "This treacherous village headman has betrayed your trust in him. He must be a partner of the gang of bandits. Only after they left with all your valuables, did he lead you home, beating drums as loudly as possible!

(마을로 돌아온) 사람들은 전부 도둑을 맞고 암소들도 전부 죽고 일부분의 소는 잡아먹힌 것을 알았습니다. 그들은 너무 슬펐습니다. (이때) 여행하던 상인이 나타나서 그들에게 말했다.” 이 믿을 수 없는 수령이 당신들을 배신했습니다. 그는 강도들의 일원이 틀림없습니다. 강도들이 귀중품을 가지고 간 뒤에, 그가 북을 가능한 크게 치면서 당신들을 이끌고 집에 왔습니다.

"This man pretends to know nothing about what has happened as innocent as a newborn lamb! In truth, it's as if a son did something so shameful that his mother would say, 'I am not his mother. He is not my son.' My son is dead!“

이 사람은 마치 새로 태어난 새끼 양처럼 순진하게 아무 것도 모르는 척 합니다. 사실은 아들이 부끄러운 행동을 했을 때 그의 엄마가 나는 그 아이의 엄마가 아닙니다. 그는 내 아들이 아닙니다. 내 아들은 죽었습니다라고 말하는 것과 같습니다.

Before long, the news of the crime reached the king. He recalled the treacherous headman and punished him according to the law.

얼마 지나지 않아 이 범죄에 대한 소식이 왕의 귀에 들어갔습니다. 왕은 이 믿지 못할 수령을 불러 법에 따라 벌을 주었습니다.

댓글
주제와 무관한 댓글, 악플은 삭제될 수 있습니다.

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.