국제불교

영국 로터스마인드템플, 추수감사제에서 불교문화 홍보하다.(로터스랜턴 2018년 겨울호)

페이지 정보

작성자최고관리자 작성일20-05-08 16:10 조회1,994회 댓글0건

본문

Harvest Festival was held on Sept. 22 in Kingston. Since last year, Lotusmind Temple has prepared lotus lantern making event for the festival participants. This year, a booth for temple food was operated with a demonstration program. Though there was unexpected rain which made the lantern wet, the booth remained popular during the entire day. The booth for temple food offered lotus tea for the participants made out of frozen lotus delivered from Korea while introducing them to balwoo gongyang (the traditional temple meal). Ven. Mujin, who has been propagating Buddha’s
teaching in Switzerland, demonstrated making temple food for this event. Many paid special attention to Ven. Mujin’s talent in cooking great food and humorous comments at the same time.

Extra preparations were made for this year’s event compared to the previous year, however the rainy weather reduced the size of the festival leaving a little feeling of frustration. I hope for not only good preparation but also good weather for next year’s event. And, I express my sincere gratitude to all who have helped to make participating in the event possible.

- Written by Ven. Beopjeon, the Abbott of Lotusmind Temple

영국 로터스마인드템플, 추수감사제에서 불교문화 홍보하다.

지난 922일 영국 킹스턴에서 "Harvest Festival"이 있었다. 작년에 이어 Lotusmind Temple에서는 연등 만들기를 준비했고, 올해는 사찰음식 부스와 시연 프로그램을 마련했다. 행사 당일 비가 오는 바람에 연등도 젖는 불상사가 발생했지만, 여전히 인기가 좋아 하루 종일 북새통을 이루었다. 사찰음식 부스에서는 한국에서 가져온 냉동 연꽃으로 연꽃차를 만들어 사람들에게 조금씩 나누어 주었고, 발우공양과 사찰음식을 소개했다. 스위스에서 포교하고 있는 무진스님을 초청하여 사찰음식을 시연했는데, 많은 사람들이 외국인 무진스님의 재치 있는 유머와 음식솜씨 때문에 많은 관심을 가졌다.

올해는 작년보다 여러 가지 준비도 많이 했지만 하루 종일 비가 오는 바람에 아쉬운 점들도 많았다. 내년에는 알찬 준비뿐만 아니라 좀 더 활기차고 화창한 날을 기대해 보며, 이번 행사를 위해 도와주신 모든 분들께 감사드린다. -로터스마인드템플 주지 법전스님

댓글
주제와 무관한 댓글, 악플은 삭제될 수 있습니다.

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.